- What are your reasons for wanting a Kangal dog ?
- Did you complete your research regarding the breed ?
- Have you explored all the pros and cons ?
- Are you up for a challenge of owning a livestock guardian?
- Do you have the time, commitment & resources needed (energy, space, veterinary care, funds, proper fencing)?
- How is your personality going to fit with the independent nature of the breed?
- Are you aware of the supports you can access in your area: a responsible breeder, a local Kangal Club?
If you made up your mind, and your decision is to welcome a Kangal dog into your family, we encourage you to consider an international adoption: giving a home to a Kangal dog from a shelter in Germany. They have a number of purebred dogs awaiting homes at each given time. Please do not contact www.kangal.ca as we do not sell puppies, or promote breeders. Our goal is to support Kangal Rescue Efforts. For more information, and details about Kangal-adoption process please contact Elisabeth or Eleonore at [email protected] or check out their website Herdenschutzhund-Service e.V. Elisabeth or Eleonore will provide you with information regarding: a dog that may be right for your needs; age/gender of dogs available for adoption; adoption process; the cost of shipment